Rainbow Circle Situations Vacant
This year (2003) with all the camps being Magic Hat there
is not the usual need to apply in advance for a four hour a day worker's ticket.
However, it has been felt it would be very reassuring for the camp co-ordinators
if they had a list of people with experience who were able to give their commitment
to an area of their choice. Here is a reminder of some of the area work that
needs to be done for each camp.
Gate/welcome Dome needs people.
- 2/3 days before day one of the camp to help prepare the space, bringing
beautiful things from home to donate towards the decoration of the dome.
- Every day of the camp to ensure that the welcome dome is just that; very
welcoming, it needs to be a dry, warm beautiful space full of smiles and cups
of tea and useful information about how the camp works
- Too stay on site and extra day to help take down all the decoration and
take down the gate dome
The Rainbow Circle Cafe needs people
- 2 weeks in advance to order the organic whole food
- 4/5 days in advance to help feed the early workers.
- 2 days in advance to help; put up the big cafe marquee, install the kitchen
area, arrange the dining area, and put up the wall hangings
- Every day of the camp to help produce breakfast lunch and supper. This of
course includes cooks, washer uppers, veg preppers, servers, a book keeper
- To stay on 3/4 days after the camp has ended to help clear up and put all
the cafe equipment away into the container, and help dismantle the big cafe
First Aid / Well being area needs people
- 1 day before the camp is due to open to organise the space.
- Every day of the camp, with basic first aid training and the additional
talents of reliability, ability to listen, keep confidence and exude calmness.
- Every day of the camp skilled in any of the alternative therapies, all healers
and angels greatly appreciated.
- To stay on an extra day to tidy up and take down the first aid dome
The Childrens Area needs people
- 2 days before the start of camp to help set up the children's marquee, sort
out the kid's bus, and generally get ready for the onslaught!
- Every day of the camp, happy to hang out and share their joy, skills and
knowledge with our precious young people
- To stay on one day after the close to help pack everything back into the
kids bus and take the kid's marquee down.
The Toilets and showers needs people
- 4 days before the camp opens with plumbing skills to lay out our pipe's
(after sterilisation) and taps and connect us to the water supply. Also people
to construct the toilets
- To clean out the toilets and showers twice each day of camp, and to make
sure that we don't run out of sawdust.
- To stay on to clean and take the toilets down at the end of camp
- With plumbing skills able to dismantle all our pipe works and put it all
away in the container.
The Site needs people
- 4/5 days before the camp opens up to help all the above mentioned areas
with their structures and install the fire points.
- During the camp to keep an eye on structures, go on wood runs, be alert
to safety issues, mend and make as required
- At any time with strong backs a great asset!!
The Notice boards need people
- Every day to use their calligraphy skills to help keep us informed of the
forth coming daily events.
Please Please search in your heart and see if
you feel able to make a commitment to being part of a core/seed circle in any
of the above Rainbow Circle areas.
the Tipi to go home